When growing a business, the focus must be on generating leads and gaining exposure. Two great paths to connecting with new clients are through the use of LinkedIn and trade shows. Both networking avenues host thousands of professionals in any given industry, which can make it difficult to stand out of the crowd. It’s important for a business to put their best foot forward whether on the digital landscape of LinkedIn or behind a booth on the trade show floor.
Both LinkedIn and trade shows are great investments for generating leads. As of late 2018 LinkedIn claims over 260 million monthly active users. Demographics cite that 61 million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers and 40 million are in decision-making positions. As a more traditional format than LinkedIn, trade show marketing is also a great stage for businesses. Numbers show that trade shows still remain one of the most profitable business-to-business (B2B) media strategies, the trade show industry generated more than $13 billion in revenue in 2017, according to Statista. These numbers are looking to increase for 2018.
LinkedIn Feed Exposure
Tips & Tricks
Fully Utilize A Business Page
Profile & Banner Images
Upload a company logo and a custom banner that showcases the business services or an image that highlights the organization.
- Make sure all fields are filled out with relevant information for potential clients.
- Utilize Career Pages inside of a Business Page
- Business pages can add career pages that highlight the organization’s jobs and company culture.
Set Up LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn offers a wide range of advertising options from text ads, sponsored posts, to personalized inbox ads.
Use the Best
LinkedIn is rated as the #1 online platform for B2B lead generation.
Gaining Exposure at a Trade Show
Trade shows are an expansive marketing tactic, but they provide a valuable opportunity for just about any industry. A full strategy or plan is highly recommended for effective trade show marketing, but here are a few tips and tricks that are sure to help any organization stand out on the crowded trade show floor.
Tips & Tricks
Find The Right Trade Show
- When planning to set up shop at a show, research to ensure that the show attracts the correct audience turn into leads and clients.
Engage With Potential Leads
- When attendees walk down the aisles of a trade show the majority of the booths will look the same. Create an experience to engage potential clients, like touch displays or other interactive technologies.
- Ensure that your entire staff has an understanding of the target audience, goals, tactics and overall communications strategy to utilize on the show floor.
Analyze Results & Adapt
- Collect data during the event in order to determine your ROI and figure out how to optimize for the next trade show.
How To Stand Out In Either Setting
Whether it is in the digital world of LinkedIn or the crowded floor of a trade show it is imperative to stand out of the crowd. We’ve already listed some quick tips to increase your chances of standing a step above the competition, but to separate business from the competition a marketing strategy needs to be put in place.
On LinkedIn, aspects of a content marketing strategy can include content types, mediums, paid vs organic strategies, scheduling plans, and more. Want to learn more about the process of strategy check out https://dvs.com/services/strategy.
Important trade show opportunities may only come a few times a year, and being prepared with a plan can be the difference between new clients and lost leads. Learn more about how DVS has used innovation and strategy with trade show experiences for past clients here. Want to learn more, get in touch at dvs.com/contact.